Volunteer Ambassador Role
Business: ACCIONA Infrastructure
Company: ACCIONA Industrial UK (NESS Energy Project)
Location: Aberdeen, UKS Energy Project
Reports to: Office Manager/Community Benefits Co-ordinator
Are you currently unemployed, retired, enrolled in a course of education or looking to gain skills to add to your CV? If so, we’d be pleased to hear from you. ACCIONA are looking for a Volunteer Ambassador for the NESS Energy project located in East Tullos, Aberdeen.
This is a flexible role to suit your availability, and you will be contacted as appropriate and offered the opportunity to attend the Ness Energy Community Group meetings, and events to which ACCIONA are invited.
We will develop a bespoke programme with you to help develop your CV, your experience, exposure to different functions, activities and will coach and mentor you to help achieve your career aspirations. The Volunteer Ambassador will receive training on the NESS Energy project and the technology used ensuring that they become an informed ambassador. You will be reimbursed for out-of-pocket expenses, for example when travelling to and from locations.
What are the benefits to you?
- Experience working with a professional organisation
- Develop your skills
- A sense of satisfaction and pride for making a difference
- Meet new people
- Certificate on completion of volunteering
- References for future employers
Position Title: Volunteer Ambassador
Position Summary: To promote awareness of the NESS Energy project within the community.
- Become knowledgeable in the energy from waste process
- Attending quarterly community group meetings
- Attending community social group meetings/school assemblies to give presentations/talk about the work of the NESS project (with ACCIONA staff member)
- Make conversation with members of the public as appropriate, and answer questions about the project
- Report/keep in regular contact with Office Manager/Community Benefits Co-ordinator
All ACCIONA Team Members Are Expected To:
- Understand and follow the Company Code of Conduct at all times and behave with professionalism and respect in an ethical manner
Particular focus is brought to the Health and Safety requirements:
- Take care of the health and safety of themselves and others
- Be an ambassador of safe working at all times
- Feel confident to make healthy challenges, intervene, stop operations and to report anything that they believe is unsafe
- Safety First attitude at all times
- Strive for industry best practice when it comes to safety
Skills, Experience and Qualities:
- Personable, enthusiastic and approachable
- Confident in public speaking
How to Apply:
If the role interests you, then please email and/or send your CV to Ukjobs.email@example.com
Any questions re the role can also be directed to this email address.